Vanessa Gray Bartal
Best-selling cozy mystery and romance author
1. Has spent more than three decades searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, only to come to the conclusion that a bad chocolate chip cookie does not exist.
2. Almost reached bucket list goal of visiting 50 states, three more to go.
3. Spent a fun and productive year handing out samples at the grocery store.
4. Owns more plants than shoes and purses combined.
5. First sentence she ever said to her husband: Do you want my ham?
6. Renovated two houses, despite lacking all skill with every possible tool.
7. Her favorite books are the ones she has never published, more than a dozen YA novels.
8. Selects a song for each book she writes in order to fulfill secret dream of being person who makes movie soundtracks.
9. As a 911 dispatcher, once accidentally ended a call with, "I love you, bye!"
10. Wastes too much time reading about her Myers-Briggs personality type. INFJ's unite! (Separately, of course.)
What readers are saying
I don't leave reviews for many books... but I just have to for this series. This is some of the best writing I've come across in a while, especially in the romantic murder mystery vein. I've torn through the first three books already and just ordered two more... the banter between (Lacy) and the characters is so witty. I really struggled today not to laugh aloud...
Vanessa Gray Bartal painted such vivid pictures at times, I found myself laughing out loud and then looking around to see who may be watching... I loved the twist, I never saw it coming
This was the most wonderfully emotional book I have ever read. It brought up a tidal wave of emotions from deep sadness to joyful tears. This book is a keeper that will be read whenever I need a reminder of what a true loving person should be like. McRae is who I want to grow up to be.
Amazon Customer, MORNING CUP OF MURDER
Amazon Customer, PECKED TO DEATH
SOME KIND OF LUCKY